There’s no doubt that you would want to look classy, fashionable and downright fabulous at your own wedding (or at a wedding you are attending). But there is one problem—weddings usually mean a lot of standing and walking around for hours on end. Choosing the right kind of bridal shoes does matter, unless you want to endure stiletto hell!
Here are our top tips on choosing the right bridal shoes so you can stand and strut in complete confidence!
1. There are different variations of white and this is something you should take note of. When shopping for your wedding shoes, take along a swatch of the fabric for your wedding gown just to make sure they match!
2. If your dress is rather detailed and elaborate in design, then it may be a good idea to choose shoes that are simple in design. If your dress is simple, then feel free to go wild with your shoes.
3. Style AND comfort! These are usually two things that you may have to choose between most of the time, but in the case of finding the right pair of bridal shoes, you might want to find a pair that can give you both.
4. Keep your heels in a manageable height. Skip the sky-high heels this time and go for something within 1 – 3 inches in height. This is so you can walk around without having to worry about your feet getting swollen and blistered. Lower, more comfortable heels will help your legs and back while at the same time still giving you a boost in height and nicer looking legs. (Tip: if you really want the height, go for shoes with a platform.)
5. Choose your shoes early. This is to give you time to break them in so that they will fit you perfectly and be completely comfortable on the special day. This is also so that you can take your shoes with you to gown fittings. Wearing your shoes during fittings makes sure that any alterations will result in the perfect hem length so you don’t trip on your dress (or end up with it too short).
6. You don’t always have to wear white shoes or “bridal shoes” so to speak—you can break tradition if you wish—after all, it’s your special day! You can wear your favourite pair of candy red patent pumps or just about any other kind of shoe you like…just make sure that you commit to your choice as you’ll be wearing it all day!